Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Little Bunting


Took a drive west on the M4 to Wales this morning. Picked up my good friend Stuart Clarke at 08:20 am and headed down to Forest Farm Country Park, Glamorgan. Today's target bird was Little Bunting! This NE European breeder of the taiga has been frequenting this location for the last week and as I have never seen this species before, I thought I would give it a go...   





We only waited a few minutes before the bird showed and as you can see above; gave us lots of opportunity for observation and photos. The feeder station was very busy during our visit with Chaffinch, Bullfinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal, Reed Bunting, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robin and Nuthatch all putting in a regular appearance. A great mornings birding, made extra special by sharing it with my good friend Stu.
 
Blue Tit

Bullfinch (male)

Great Tit

Blackbird

Nuthatch

Bullfinch (female)

No comments:

Post a Comment