Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Dungeness RSPB Reserve


Today I spent my day at Dungeness RSPB Reserve and Dungeness view point. During my time there I tallied over 70 species. At the reserve highlights included Little Grebe feeding young, Hobby (5), Peregrine Falcon (1), Marsh Harrier (1), Lesser Whitethroat (2), Cetti's Warbler (8), Bearded Tit (2), Tree Sparrow (1), Little Ringed Plover (1), Curlew (1), Swift (5 - first I've seen this spring), Cuckoo (1).


Little Grebe
Little Ringed Plover

An hour sea-watch behind Dungeness power station produced some nice birds including my first UK ARCTIC SKUA! + Great Skua, Gannet, Arctic Tern, Common Tern, Sandwich Tern, Red-throated Diver, Whimbrel, Black Scoter, Kittiwake, Bar-tailed Godwit.....and Black Redstart in the power station.

No comments:

Post a Comment