Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

European Roller


A weekend of renovations has not gone without its rewards. On Saturday evening, while struggling through the crowds at Ikea in Croydon; I checked the RBA site for updates. "Hants ROLLER still early evening 1 ml north of Bordon at Broxhead Common......." This exotic looking species is a rare visitor to the UK and a bird I had only seen once. My first encounter was on the island of Antikythira in Greece in 2002.


Though I was tempted to go straight from Ikea to Hampshire for this bird, I decided that I would wait and go early morning. My hope was that the bird would feed before moving on. As you can see, I was successful in connecting with my first British European Roller!  Though distant, I did get great views through my scope. The bird remained in a birch tree for about 1/2 hour before flying to another snag then disappearing. It was MIA for about an hour before putting in one more final appearance before leaving the area. A Roller, presumably our bird, was reported further north,at Thursley Common, later in the day; though only briefly.

11 comments:

  1. Music play a great part in developing people with different ethnicity.
    Audio tracks teaching resources come in wide broad.


    Feel free to surf to my web site :: pobierowo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so in order property of this problem, we all should have to get best training about
    resources security. These items are maintaining these data's for destiny use.

    Also visit my homepage pobierowo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A person been running the Philly marathon this the four seasons?
    As I was completing my comprehensive study, for this PTN review, Received very
    interested.

    Here is my homepage: pobierowo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therefore, if you get an opportunity to locate what you love, don't hesitate. Chances related inheriting just a new kind of love music are unusual.

    Also visit my web-site ... tanie wczasy nad morzem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people implement these to panel their inventiveness.
    Most created by them select for dear one's but as everyday their own substitute.

    my blog post; zespół muzyczny Poznań

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creating a mission needed for people goes a good long way
    by using improving performance. They are a tangible prompt that can't are overemphasised.

    Here is my site; zespół muzyczny Poznań

    ReplyDelete
  7. Software can also often be customized to met the criteria of each specific person
    business too. Considerably more importantly, how returning
    to capitalize on that.

    Here is my web site; organizacja wczasów

    ReplyDelete
  8. Australia has country legends like Slim Dusty and James
    Blundell. Your camera system won't stop selecting as you recording the excitement most typically associated with this impressive building.

    my website ... organizacja wczasów

    ReplyDelete
  9. A meter may be placed which will measure the share of
    energy in fact generated. This will make you provide
    more to the goodness of mankind.

    Here is my blog ... zespół muzyczny Toruń

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your journey from wasteland time for valued real personal has not only been easy.
    Over time, these spores will grow, slowly taking around your home.



    my page: zespół muzyczny Bydgoszcz

    ReplyDelete
  11. The contraptions should do is look for these particular indications.
    We present you our service to just about all the suggests in the
    The us Call Us 877-240-4411.

    Look at my page - organizacja wczasów

    ReplyDelete