Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Double-dip

Brent Geese

I will be the first to admit that I have had a good run over the last few months; spending my free time chasing rarities or target birds. So, it only seems fair that I miss a few. Yesterday I did a big day in Norfolk missing both my target birds; Golden Pheasant at Wolferton Triangle and Black-bellied Dipper in Thetford. The pheasant is very hit and miss and numbers have declined. The dipper, well, that serves me right. It's being showing for about 4 months but has now, it seems, decided to leave.

Muntjac
However, I did have a cracking days birding, totaling 88 species. Other than staking out my two targets, my time was spent at Titchwell Marsh RSPB Reserve. Bird of the day was seeing Woodcock (3) in the undergrowth on the path leading to the reserve. Other birds of interest were 17 species of wader, Brambling, Siskin, Water Rail, Marsh Harrier, Common Scoter, Eider and Fulmar. 

Brambling

Avocet

Bar-tailed Godwit

Water Rail



No comments:

Post a Comment