Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April Migrants

Chiffchaff
On Sunday I had another attempt at the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Pulborough Brooks RSPB Reserve but missed it by 30 minutes this time; so I am getting closer. The reserve produced a few migrants including Whitethroat, Chiffchaff, Swallow, Sand Martin and Nightingale, that I noted.

Blackcap
I checked along the canal at Papercourt Meadows on Monday night, no Reed or Sedge Warbler yet but 3 singing Chiffchaff were present, plus a great look at a hunting Barn Owl over the marsh and a Grey Wagtail along the canal. At Papercourt Lake this evening there were 5 singing Chiffchaff and two pairs of Blackcap. 


Wheatear (female)
After having a massive rain / hailstones storm today (18th April 2013) I couldn't wait to get out and see if anything had been forced to land on my patch. Luck was on my side and I got my first Wheatear for my patch. There were two birds actually, a male and female. Other species of note included a singing Skylark, Barn Owl and a pair of Stonechat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment