Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

American Buff-bellied Pipit


A strange, rainy, dreary and generally dull Friday turned into a very worthwhile twitch! Checking the RBA on my phone, I noticed the American Buff-bellied Pipit had been seen at 12:00 at the Queen Mother Reservoir in Berkshire. As I was off at 12:30 and only an hour away decided to give it a go; coercing my friend and work colleague, Raf, into coming with me.

Top bloke: RAF...wet, cold, injured leg and still smiling!
After weaving our way through the traffic and rain we came to a stand still on the M25 then the M4 finally arriving about 13:40. After paying our dues at the gate to Mr. Lee Evans and getting the gen on where the bird was, we made our way along the reservoir.


We looked a right pair; Raf with his umbrella and limp from a leg injury and me in my works fluorescent jacket! Never the less, we got the bird! My first American Buff-bellied Pipit!


Checking the RBA


A big thanks to RBA and all involved. Kudos to the people who found, identified and reported this bird. Special thanks to Raf for your company; your a top bloke!


Terrible video but there you go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment