Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pulborough Brooks - 11th November 2012

Greenfinch - note the ring on the left leg

An enjoyable day at Pulborough today with wonderful sunshine. I totaled 53 species at the reserve but dipped out on the elusive Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. I put 1 1/2 hours in on my first vigil and 1 hour 15 minutes on the second. Five minutes after I had left the first time, the bird was spotted for about 30 seconds then heard about 20 minutes before I returned for the second sitting:) That's birding.....

Blackbird

Noteworthy species include Peregrine, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard, Little Egret, Bullfinch, Goldcrest, Lesser Redpoll, Siskin and Raven. Though I spent a lot of time waiting for my little nemesis friend I did have lots of fun with my point and shoot:)

Robin

Blue Tit

Nuthatch

Great Tit

Kestrel


No comments:

Post a Comment