Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Stonehenge

Today had nothing to do with birds. (ish) Our family trip to Salisbury Plain and Stonehenge today was just brilliant. Good weather, great scenery, fun and yes, some birds...Other than Red Kites en-route along the M3 motorway, the birds that I did take note of today are pretty common.
Couldn't resist - what an awesome sign!!
No one will be too excited when their names are mentioned: Rook, Jackdaw, Starling. Yet I was really happy. All three were abundant around the Stonehenge car park which gave me an opportunity to take some photos with my basic point and shoot camera. To be honest, I was over the moon with the results. AND hopefully, you will look at these birds in a different light too. Each of these 'dirt birds' is spectacular in its own right. At least I think so....
Jackdaw
Starling
Rook

No comments:

Post a Comment