Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Brant, brant, brant, brant....EAGLE!


Though I didn't get the best sleep last night (designated driver for Lori's wedding shower...got home at about 01:30am and after a few prank calls from Cher, I did finally fall asleep), I did manage to get up and go birding mid-morning. I headed down to Parksville Park and spent a pleasant hour watching the drama at sea. There were hundreds of Brant, gulls and sea-ducks to keep me captivated during my vigil. 


Fortunately the disturbances were only caused by eagle harassment and not by the public, though a few people walked the shoreline putting the gulls up. There were dogs present while I was there but all were leashed and none on the beach. There was a huge raft of sea-ducks made up of Surf Scoter, White-winged Scoter, Long-tailed Duck, Greater Scaup and Harlequin Duck. Shorebirds present included Black-bellied Plover, Dunlin and Black Turnstone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment