Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Deep Bay


After twelve days of work I was very happy to sneak out today, even if it was only for a few hours. My first stop was at Fanny Bay. Here there was a good assortment of scoters, diving ducks and grebes to scan through. Along the trail there was a small group of sparrows including Spotted Towhee, Golden-crowned, Song and a single Lincoln's Sparrow. After adding a few more species such as Steller's Jay, Dark-eyed Junco, a few dabblers and a single Greater Yellowlegs, I headed down to Deep Bay. 


Though I always dream of discovering a King Eider here, it has yet to happen. However, I always enjoy my time at Deep Bay and can never get enough of the close up views you get of all three scoters, loons, grebes and of course Harlequin Duck and Long-tailed Duck. I tallied a total of 40 species while I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment